First and most importantly let me say that our thoughts and prayers are with the people of Brussels. What another sad day for humanity.
Herbal teas are wonderful, relaxing and convenient but do you know which teas have specific benefits? All of them actually! They each have their own special benefit that ranges from being high in antioxidants to helping suppress our appetites.The great news is that most, if not all of these can be found in the grocery store or health food store. Please do not take this as medical advice as I am not a doctor and do not claim to be. Before starting anything new, talk to your doctor. Let’s get started:
- Oolong Tea-Helps to alleviate skin conditions
- Black Tea-Has anti-inflammatory properties
- Green Tea-Is high in anti-oxidants
- Yerba Mate-Opens up respiratory passages
- Stinging Nettle-Recommended for those who suffer from seasonal allergies
- Dried Ginger Root-Helps with motion sickness and has antihistamine properties
- Peppermint-Decongestant, anti-inflammatory and helps suppress appetite
- Rooibos-Caffeine free, helps with skin irritations
- White Tea-Antibacterial, has the highest antioxidant properties of all of the teas
Take time out to try some of these terrific, tasty teas and reap the benefits! Tea is meant to be enjoyed slowly and I think that all of us could use some relaxation time in the middle of our busy schedules. Cheers to tea and cheers to you!