Here is another awesome recipe from the Weight Watchers in 20 Minutes Cookbook.
- 2 tangerines
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 4 tbsp water
- 3/4 pound of boneless, sirloin steak, (organic, grass fed is preferable and is what I used) thinly sliced and trimmed of fat
- 3 cups small broccoli florets thawed
- 3 scallions cut into 2 inch length (I substituted shallots which I minced)
- 1 small red bell pepper cut into strips
- 2 garlic cloves minced (I used my zester)
- 3 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- I added cremini mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon of crushed red pepper (I omitted this because I don’t like it:)
Grate the zest from the tangerines and set aside. Peel the tangerines and separate into sections-reserve. Stir the cornstarch and water together until smooth and set aside.
Spray a non-stick wok with Pam and set over medium-high heat. When a drop of water sizzles in it, add the beef and brown add the minced garlic.
Add the broccoli, scallions, bell pepper, tangerine zest, soy sauce, mushrooms and tangerines to the wok. Cook until heated through about 10 minutes.
1 1/4 cup is 190 calories-feel free to add more broccoli and veggies to bulk it up and you can always reduce the amount of beef. Serves 4. Enjoy!